What you'll see at your CSA pickup next week...
The array of organic vegetables + herbs currently available. Some may be limited in quantity. An estimation, as always.
Arugula store in plastic bag with a paper towel in the refrigerator.
Beans (u-pick) store in a plastic bag + keep in refrigerated veggie drawer.
Beets separate roots from greens + refrigerate in the crisper, loosely wrapped in plastic.
Carrot separate roots from greens + refrigerate in the crisper, loosely wrapped in plastic.
Cilantro place the stem ends of the herbs into a jar filled with water, cover loosely with a plastic bag + refrigerate.
Collard store in a sealed plastic bag, refrigerate.
Cucumber (American / English) store in a cool spot away from sunlight (or in a warmer shelf of the fridge--prone to chilling injuries if stored below 50 degrees).
Dill place the stem ends of the herbs into a jar filled with water, cover loosely with a plastic bag + refrigerate.
Eggplant store out of the refrigerator in a cool spot away from sunlight at 50 degrees.
Garlic! store in a dry, dark place, at an even temperature.
Kale store in a sealed plastic bag, refrigerate.
Onion (Red / Yellow) store in a dry, dark place, at an even temperature.
Parsley place the stem ends of the herbs into a jar filled with water, cover loosely with a plastic bag + refrigerate.
Pepper (Poblano) store in a plastic bag + keep in refrigerated veggie drawer.
Potato store in a cool, dark, dry place above 50 degrees (not with onions).
Scallion stand in a jar filled with 1-2" of water, cover with a plastic bag + store in the fridge.
Shallot store bulbs in a cool, dark place.
Shishito Pepper (u-pick) store in a plastic bag + keep in refrigerated veggie drawer.
Spinach store in a plastic bag, refrigerate.
Tomatoes store on the countertop in a cool, dry place.
Bi-weekly CSA pickup schedule
Bi-weekly members pick up their CSA share every other week. An email has been sent to those members informing them which bi-weekly group they are a part of. If your assigned group does not work well with your schedule and you would like to switch groups, please send us an email and we will try to accommodate your request.
Group 1 - Tuesday pickup at the Farm
Group 2 - Tuesday pickup at the Farm
Group 1 - Wednesday pickup at Fulton Street Farmers Market
Group 2 - Wednesday pickup at Fulton Street Farmers Market
Your share of the harvest is a culmination of months of planning, seeding, planting, irrigating, weeding, harvesting, washing, and packing. We strive to provide you with the finest, freshest produce and treat you with the highest respect. While we expect a plentiful harvest, we cannot guarantee an abundance of every crop. We plan to continue planting a large variety of vegetables, but there may be variation in crop success from year to year. This contract commits members and farmers for a full harvest season (11, 22 or 50 weeks depending on the share), in its unpredictable beauty.
As a part of our community, you share in our successes as well as our failures, and for this, we are grateful. In exchange for your loyal support, we promise we will do our very best to meet your expectations. If a chosen share size & pickup plan is not meeting your needs, we would be happy to discuss changing your membership type. Please contact us as soon as possible so that we can find the membership plan that works best for you.
Community-Supported Agriculture is a transaction, but it is also a promise, one which describes our relationship as producers and consumers as we work to nourish one other. By purchasing a share, you agree to the following guidelines:
- I will make my payments on time. A half or full payment should be made upfront to hold your place. The other half of your payment will be due on June 1, the week before the CSA begins.
- I will pick up my share on time. We promise your produce will be fresh at the time of pick-up. There is no guarantee it will stay fresh after this time. We do not offer reimbursement for missed pickups.
- I will check off my name on the sign-in sheet at time of pick-up. This is important for our records and signifies that our weekly agreement has been fulfilled.
- I will make my own arrangements if I cannot be present at pickup. Friends or family members are always welcome to pick up a share in your place: please let them know the name of our farm, our pick-up policies, and the name of the member to check-off upon sign-in. Switching between Tuesday and Wednesday pickups is acceptable as long as you let us know ahead of time. If you expect to miss more than a few shares due to vacations or schedule conflicts, please look into our Market Card! This card grants you access to Tuesday or Wednesday pickups and can also be used at Saturday Market (Market Cards save you between 5 and 15% on your purchases).
- If I have a special, unexpected circumstance that prevents me from retrieving my share for an extended period, I will contact you as soon as possible. We will review your request and determine if we can make an accommodation.
Have a question not answered here? Check the FAQs page or feel free to contact us directly. If our service does not meet your expectations, please do not hesitate to call Rebecca, our CSA manager or email us (585.315.7351; firstname.lastname@example.org).